Local Bike Trails
The BLUE LINE indicates bike trails
San Diego entertainment makes being in this city so incredibly fun. San Diego gets so much love from visitors and locals, and it's attributable in part to the vast amount of entertainment in San Diego. This sunny, fun-filled and laid back part of the world is chock full of San Diego entertainment just waiting to captivate you completely. Looking for a mellow way to spend an evening in San Diego? Just like you did back in middle school, you can go to the movie theater and have a blast - and there are plenty of movie theaters screening the latest flicks for you, providing great entertainment in San Diego.
When you have a good solid chunk of free time, you want to fill it with all the fun that you can get. Penciling in a movie date with your friends or catching the newest play that's taking San Diego by storm can be just the kind of fun you had in mind. San Diego live entertainment takes things to another level of impressiveness - when you're watching actors perform in a play right in front of you, somehow the emotions and the delivery of lines can reel you in that much more.
San Diego live entertainment might get you thinking that these shows can give legendary theater hot spots all over the nation a run for their money. The San Diego Civic Theatre brings both music and theatre events to the stage. These San Diego shows have included the Broadway hit "Wicked", classical music quartet Il Divo, and even comedian Bo Burnham singing his goofy songs and making audiences erupt with laughter. San Diego is also home to the super cozy Horton Grand Theatre in the Gaslamp. Boasting great views from every seat in the house, this San Diego gem packs its calendar with unique shows like MIXTAPE, a celebration of 80's music, and gives you plenty of options within walking distance for dining before and after your show.
When you think of San Diego plays, do you think of Shakespeare? The San Diego Old Globe Theatre puts on a huge festival dedicated to Shakespeare plays every year. You and fellow San Diegans curious about seeing Shakespeare's works come to life in front of you can enjoy a slew of plays from the Shakespeare repertoire.
Get a load of funny with San Diego entertainment. Hope you've done your ab exercises - it's likely you're going to crack up so much that your sides will hurt at San Diego's National Comedy Theatre. This is improv comedy at its best.
Hollywood whipped up a great big storm in San Diego entertainment, filming a number of well-known movies and TV shows here over the years. Tom Cruise may be strange because he jumped up and down on Oprah's sofa, but he's also awesome because he filmed "Top Gun" in San Diego. That gives him several extra cool points. Way before that, Hollywood bombshell Marilyn Monroe was in San Diego filming "Some Like It Hot". You got that right, San Diego's exciting past includes plenty of movie stars propelling themselves to the highest heights of stardom - in this sun-kissed city.
The Orson Welles drama, "Citizen Kane", was nominated for a whopping nine Academy Awards, took home the Academy Award for Best Writing (Original Screenplay) and, oh yeah, flashed images of San Diego landmarks like El Prado and Museum of Art across the screen. How's that for amazing entertainment in San Diego?
Entertainment in San Diego is set to rock your world with music concerts. There are venues of every shape and size, because different music lovers appreciate different features in their music venues. Some stages for San Diego entertainment definitely throw off a gritty, rock n' roll vibe - like the Casbah, while others cater to the classy and upscale music listener, like Anthology in Little Italy. For a mix of shows (and types of audiences), Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach is the laid back yet very cool spot with high-quality acoustics.
The fun thing to do is try them all, and enjoy brand new experiences in your music listening life. The truth is that sometimes you crave indie alternative rock and other times you're attacked by a serious hankering for pop music. For every kind of music that you like, San Diego entertainment is constantly bringing big acts to the city that can satisfy your particular music craving.
The San Diego entertainment scene has broad appeal for a reason - the sheer variety of offerings makes San Diego California entertainment intriguing whether you're a teenybopper or a hipster, a jazz aficionado or a classical symphony fan, a country lover or a rap music listener. San Diego music shows can be buckets of fun. When you're not at a hot concert in San Diego, the movie theater with its blockbuster films and smaller, artsy flicks can be pretty entertaining. Or, enjoy a raw and moving live performance during a San Diego play.
What's fun about entertainment in San Diego is that you have so many choices, and there's constantly going to be something great to capture your interest as well as provide you and your friends with an amazing time. Pick your San Diego entertainment any way that you want to - whether you like a certain theater and want to keep up with the shows that they specifically offer, want to search by entertainment type (music, comedy, theatre) or want to be spontaneous and randomly look through all the possibilities, the choice of San Diego entertainment is yours at SanDiego.com
- See more at: http://www.sandiego.com/entertainment#sthash.0HHmO5Hf.dpuf
San Diego Theme Parks and Attractions
Whether you live in San Diego or are here visiting on vacation, there is no better place to create some memories than at one of the many San Diego theme parks and attractions. The best San Diego theme parks feature thrilling rides, fun shows and delicious food. For those who have kids, or are kids at heart, it is always a fun time to visit San Diego theme parks and explore new rides. Check out our pick for top San Diego theme park this week!
Go San Diego Card: The Go San Diego Card is the absolute best way to enjoy up to 50 different San Diego attractions and theme parks at a seriously discounted price. The Go Card packages are priced by how many days you plan on using it, and during that time you have unlimited admission to the top 50 attractions in San Diego and San Diego theme parks. Your San Diego Go Card also includes special discounts to 30 local shops, restaurants and more!
- SeaWorld San Diego: SeaWorld is one of the best theme parks in San Diego because it features thrilling water rides, entertaining shows and a variety of beautiful sea creatures in all shapes and sizes. SeaWorld San Diego is also famously known as the home of Shamu, the lovable giant Ora whale who stole the spotlight for many years at SeaWorld. Visitors can enjoy a variety of educational shows and exhibits including “Turtle Reef” and the “Shark Encounter.” No visit to a San Diego theme park would be complete without riding some rides. SeaWorld is known for its wet and wild rides, so be sure to pack an extra pair of clothes. Some of their rides include Manta, Riptide Rescue, Journey to Atlantis and Shipwreck Rapids. For a view of San Diego’s beautiful coastline, ride the Bayside Skyride and SkyTower.
- LEGOLAND California: Located in Carlsbad, LEGOland California is filled with towering LEGO statues, fun water rides and entertaining shows. This San Diego theme park brings to life one of the mt age old children's toys, LEGOS. These blocks have been building children's imaginations since the fifties, and now you and your kids can step into a LEGO wonderland full of rides, hands-on activities and more!
- Aquatica San Diego: During the summer this popular water park situated next to the Cricket Wireless Amphitheater opens its gates to anyone looking to get a little wet and wild. With a huge variety of water slides, a wave pool, lazy river and more, this water park is easily one of the best San Diego theme parks to visit during the summer months. However, there are many ways to cool off in San Diego such as the beach, your hotel pool or SeaWorld.
- San Diego Zoo: By far one of the most famous San Diego attractions, the San Diego Zoo is a must for any first-time visitor to San Diego. Even locals tend to enjoy the zoo at least a couple times a year. Whether you have kids or not, the San Diego Zoo is one of those timeless attractions for all ages. Animals are always interesting and fun to watch, and the famous San Diego Zoo does a fantastic job to give you a full experience. During the summer, the zoo is open every day from 9am to 9pm with special celebrations, shows and animal trainer talks. Get to the zoo early and learn about some special animals right from their trainers. If you plan on being in San Diego for at least a few days and want to see the zoo, we recommend either the Go Card or the two day pass that will allow you to check out the San Diego Zoo Safari Park up in north county as well.
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park: The San Diego Zoo Safari Park (formerly Wild Animal Park) is a similar yet different experience to the San Diego Zoo. This popular San Diego attraction can be thoroughly enjoyed with the purchase of one of their many special tours. Enjoy a day of wild safari tours, exhibits and zip-lining at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. Visitors can watch animals in their natural habitats and learn about wildlife conservation.
Some of the best San Diego attractions are in and around the downtown area such as Balboa Park and its many museums. Balboa Park is a great place to have a picnic and enjoy being outside in the beautiful San Diego weather. One of our favorite attractions in San Diego is Belmont Park, which is located right on the sand in Mission Beach. It is one of the oldest San Diego theme parks with a small roller coaster as well as games and other small rides. There are a couple of sweet bars and restaurants right next door including the ever popular Wavehouse.
Check out more top San Diego attractions for some fun ideas on where to go during your next visit to sunny San Diego. Check out Seaport Village in downtown for some fun shops and tasty eats right on San Diego Bay. Shoot across the bridge to the Coronado Island and have fun golfing, riding bikes, hanging at the beach or meandering through the Hotel Del Coronado. This old Victorian-style hotel happens to be one of the oldest all-wooden buildings in California, and it has been a National Landmark since the seventies.
If you're in to history, you may want to cruise over to Old Town. This area of San Diego represents what the city was like back in the days when it was a Spanish mission during the mid 1800s. Check out the 22 historic buildings, play a round of pitch-and-putt golf and eat at one of the 30 or so amazing restaurants. There are also a handful of friendly vendors and souvenir shops, so you can find something to help you remember this great city.
If you aren't travelling with any little ones, a trip up to Temecula (San Diego's Wine Country) is in order. You can check out the wineries of Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyards or enjoy some fantastic wine flights at Callaway Vineyard & Winery.
With so many great theme-parks and attractions, it's impossible not to have a great time in San Diego. So, book your vacation now and enjoy all this incredible city has to offer!