San Diego things to do come in all shapes and sizes. There are lots of great things to do in San Diego for people of all ages! There are outdoor San Diego activities and fun indoor activities, as well as inland and coastal San Diego things to do including hiking, biking, kayaking, and surfing. No matter what type of San Diego things to do you are looking for, SanDiego.com is sure to have all of the details, information and the local scoop on everything you need to have a fun San Diego vacation. Check out our pick for weekly top San Diego activity!
Best Thing to Do in San Diego: Enjoy an entire day exploring San Diego with a Segway tour by Segway of Pacific Beach. Offering tours of Pacific Beach and Mission Beach & Bay, Downtown, and Mt.Soledad for the best views!
When it comes to things to do in San Diego some of the most enriching things to do take advantage of the outdoors. San Diego is located in sunny Southern California and enjoys some of the best weather in the entire state. Nestled on the west coast of the United States, San Diego has beautiful beaches and wonderful views to enjoy. Outdoor activities in San Diego get you out of your San Diego hotel and enjoying the beautiful surroundings unique to this great area. Outdoor San Diego activities are also often perfect for people in search of a more physically active vacation in San Diego. Here are the top 8 San Diego outdoor activities:
- Whale Watching: Whale Watching in San Diego is a seasonal San Diego outdoor activity not to be missed. See these majestic creatures in their yearly migration and also catch glimpses of sea lions, dolphins and other marine life - all with expert guides from Birch Aquarium to explain everything you see!
- Kayaking: Did you know La Jolla has Seven Caves and an Underwater Park? Well hop on a kayak and you get to explore it all! This fun and athletic way of enjoying the ocean is one of the best San Diego things to do for people who like to experience nature hands on. And the great news is you can enjoy this great thing to do in San Diego year-round.
- Snorkeling Lessons: See the wonders of the ocean with fun snorkeling lessons in the La Jolla Cove. Not only do you get to rent gear for the lesson and the tour of the cove, but you can keep the gear for the whole day to enjoy solo snorkeling as long as you want! The calm waters of the cove make this exciting San Diego activity perfect for young kids and beginners alike.
- Gondola Ride: San Diego is home to some of the most romantic things to do in California. Why go to Venice when you can enjoy a private gondola ride on Coronado Bay in San Diego? These gondola rides give you all of the romantic culture of Venice without making you leave foot from the gorgeous city of San Diego. Enjoy the tradition and magic of Venice from your own gondola on Coronado Bay.
- San Diego Harbor Excursion: If you are in the mood for more fancy San Diego outdoor activities a Flagship Cruise could be everything you ever imagined. Enjoy a lovely dinner or classy brunch on the San Diego Harbor with Flagship Cruises and Events. Perfect for a romantic evening or a fun adult get together, these cruises will charm you and give you a wonderful experience in San Diego.
- Bike Tours: Enjoy the beautiful sights to see in San Diego and get some exercise, too! La Jolla Kayak Bike Tours offer a wonderful San Diego tour that starts from Mt. Soledad and brings you all the way down to the coast at La Jolla Shores. This bike tour in San Diego is also one of the most affordable San Diego things to do!
- Golfing: The DoubleTree Golf Course by Hilton San Diego has 6,428 yards and 18 holes of pure golfer's bliss. In addition to the 18 hole course, the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort has a putting green and a short game practice facility. Enjoy the sun of Southern California and hit the links in style as part of your next San Diego activities.
- Segway Tours: If you have ever dreamed of riding one of those awesome new-age segways, here's your chance! Segway of Pacific Beach is a tour company that offers exciting Segway tours all over the city. These tours are great San Diego activities for the whole family and can give you an insider's glance at all things San Diego. Whether you are a local ready to see another side of San Diego, a leisure traveler ready to learn more about the city, or even a corporate group on a team building mission, these segway tours are a great way to see a variety of different parts of San Diego.
The compare table above shows all of the coolest things to do in San Diego. Scroll down to choose which San Diego activities look the coolest to you, or use our side navigation bar to click on categories to further help your search. Click on the above links to all of the things to do in San Diego to find more details on the San Diego activities that suit you best! And make sure to get out and enjoy the gorgeous San Diego weather at least once on your next trip to America's Finest City - you won't regret some fun in the sun doing great activities in San Diego.
San Diego things to do also come in lots of other forms: check out SanDiego.com activities on our theme parks page and our attractions page! Or if you are looking for some great nighttime activities in San Diego, our entertainment page or our music and nightlife page might be perfect for you. No matter what types of San Diego things to do you are looking for, SanDiego.com is sure to have the insider information you need.
Attractions in San Diego range from family-friendly amusement parks like Legoland San Diego, to the educational museums of Balboa Park. It's not hard to find exciting things to do in San Diego with so much natural beauty, elegant architecture and friendly residents. San Diego attractions keep guests and locals enthralled in the wonder and beauty of "America's Finest City." Each season introduces new and exciting aspects to each San Diego attraction so check out our top attraction of the week.
The most famous attractions in San Diego are the World Famous San Diego Zoo, San Diego Zoo Safari Park, and SeaWorld San Diego. Perfect for guests of all ages, the San Diego Zoo parks and SeaWorld San Diego educate and fascinate with exotic animals from across the globe. Not only do these top San Diego attractions entertain, but they also have a huge impact on animal conservation around the world. The Zoological Society of San Diego works hard to protect animals and their habitats through the generous donations of its members, and SeaWorld San Diego has focused on animal conservation for over 40 years. A visit to one of these incredible attractions in San Diego is a wonderful time for guests of all ages and supports a great cause.
The range of things to do in San Diego is robust. Take a ride on the Giant Dipper roller-coaster in Belmont Park if you are looking for an adrenaline rush, or head up to great San Diego vineyards for a wine tasting experience in beautiful Temecula wine country. Whether you are looking for low key San Diego attractions or exciting things to do in San Diego, you won't be disappointed with the huge variety of attractions in San Diego.
There are so many amazing things to do in San Diego county, we decided to choose some of our favorites to make vacation planning even easier. Here is a list of our top 10 San Diego attractions that you should be sure to enjoy on your next San Diego vacation:
- Legoland San Diego: This San Diego amusement park in Carlsbad is one of the best San Diego attractions for youngsters. Unlike many other major theme parks that try to entertain all ages, Legoland California focuses all of its rides and activities on kids ages 2-12. As the name suggests, kids will be delighted to find an entire land made out of Legos - rides and activities included!
- Balboa Park: A San Diego vacation is never complete without a trip to Balboa Park. It's easy to spend an entire day walking through gorgeous Balboa Park, one of San Diego's most famous attractions. With over 1,000 acres of lush grass, stunning architecture, museums, gardens, and true authentic San Diego beauty, Balboa Park is a great San Diego attraction everyone can enjoy.
- San Diego Zoo: This beautiful and world famous zoo is so extensive it's almost impossible to enjoy all of the exhibits in one day. And that's why we love it! Perfect for animal lovers of all ages, this is one of the San Diego attractions that both locals and visitors love to visit over and over again.
- SeaWorld: SeaWorld San Diego gives you the unique opportunity to get up close and personal with all sorts of marine animals including whales, dolphins and penguins. Don't forget to enjoy all of the fast-paced and exciting rides at SeaWorld - the whole family will be happily screaming on these San Diego attractions!
- Seaport Village: If you are looking for a San Diego attraction on the water, take a stroll through Seaport Village. Packed with shops, restaurants, and gorgeous San Diego ocean views, Seaport Village San Diego is the ideal attraction in San Diego for a day or evening outside with that special someone.
- Belmont Park: This fun San Diego destination is located on Mission Beach and includes the exciting rides you usually find at seasonal fairs but at Belmont Park they are open year-round! It's always a party at Belmont Park and visitors of all ages have a blast on the rides, the nearby beach, or just people-watching.
- Wineries: Callaway Vineyard & Winery is all about the wine and offers a number of different types of wine including their Special Selection wines and Winemaker's Reserve wines. Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyards prides itself on being a family company and the warmth of the family-based business is apparent in the wine tasting experience there. Both wineries are located in the gorgeous Temecula area making it easy to check out both, if you are so inclined.
- Birch Aquarium: Run by the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California San Diego, Birch Aquarium is sure to be the most fun and educational of all San Diego attractions. Get hands on with great animal exhibits or just stand still and let the swimming sea life mesmerize you.
- Gaslamp Quarter: Known for its huge variety of delicious restaurants and happening nightlife venues, the Gaslamp Quarter in Downtown San Diego is a hot spot for young adults looking for fun. While the scene definitely perks up at night with great bars and clubs, the neighborhood is also fun during the day for a great walk around the city or a trip to the Horton Plaza mall.
- Old Town San Diego: Immerse yourself in history and culture at Old Town San Diego. One of the most talked about San Diego attractions Old Town takes you back to the time when San Diego first started to become the city it is today. Enjoy great restaurants, wonderful souvenir shops and interesting historical plaques detailing the rich past of San Diego.
When it comes to San Diego attractions, SanDiego.com has everything you need to know. Check out the above San Diego attraction links and the "More Info" links in the compare table above to see details and insider tips on the San Diego attractions that are perfect for your next vacation. No matter what kind of San Diego, CA attraction you are looking for, San Diego has something for everyone!
San Diego Beauty and Shopping
San Diego is a great destination for incredible shopping and spa services. SanDiego.com has the top San Diego beauty and shopping locations to keep visitors looking their best on a stylish vacation. Whether you are in the market for a hot new swimsuit or hair style, these listings of San Diego beauty and shopping destinations will have the right store or spa for you!
San Diego shopping malls are more than just a string of stores persuading you to buy into the latest trend. They offer a comfortable and safe shopping experience to visitors, as well as a variety of savory San Diego restaurants. Whether you frequent the mall only on occasion or everyday, we all share memories of visiting a shopping center in San Diego.
As a teenager, many may remember flocking to the nearest San Diego shopping mall to hang out with their friends on the weekends. Although at the time, many probably didn't have much money to shop, hours could be spent browsing different stores and trying on trendy clothes and shoes before stopping for a quick bite to eat in the food court.
During the holiday season, San Diego shopping and outlet malls come alive with jolly tunes, glistening lights, hanging garland, bows and more. With extended holiday hours and special sales, visitors can check off everyone on their holiday list all in one place while shopping in San Diego.
San Diego is home to many great shopping malls, outlets and San Diego beauty spas. Whether you are looking for high fashion boutiques, name-brand stores or great deals, San Diego shopping offers something to fit everyone’s unique style and budget.
Browse through some of the best shopping malls, outlets and spas for a great San Diego shopping vacation.
- Otay Ranch Town Center: This fairly new shopping center opened in Chula Vista in 2006 and is home to dozens of women’s, men’s and children’s clothing stores and boutiques, accessories, shoes, department stores, restaurants and cafes. This open air San Diego shopping center is dog-friendly and provides a dog park, children’s “chalk garden,” food court and AMC movie theater. Visitors can also find a savory mix of restaurants including the Cheesecake Factory, P.F. Changs, Chili’s, Macaroni Grill and El Vitral. 2015 Birch Rd., Chula Vista, CA 91915
- Westfield Plaza Bonita Mall: This renovated indoor shopping center is bigger and better than ever. Now featuring a large food court, AMC movie theater and Target store, Plaza Bonita Mall has it all including dozens of name-brand clothing stores, shoes, accessories and jewelry stores, perfect for a San Diego shopping vacation. Visitors will also find a variety of chain restaurants including Applebee's, Outback Steakhouse, Johnny Rockets, El Torito and Red Robin and more. 3030 Plaza Bonita Rd., National City, CA 91950
- Horton Plaza Mall: Located in the heart of downtown San Diego, this open air shopping center is a maze filled with name-brand department stores, and restaurants. Horton Plaza offers three hours of free parking (with a validated ticket), so you can enjoy hours of browsing and shopping in San Diego at your favorite clothing stores and boutiques. Shoppers can also take a break and catch the latest film at the Horton Plaza Cinema Times. 119 Horton Plaza, San Diego, CA 92101
- Fashion Valley: This upscale San Diego shopping center features dozens of luxury boutiques and jewelry stores including Tiffany & Co., TOUS, Swarovski Crystal, Gucci, Coach and Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo and Rolex, among others. Visitors can shop until their hearts content and take a break for lunch or dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, True Food, P.F. Changs or Love Boat Sushi. Fashion Valley Mall also features dozens of brand-name department stores and AMC movie theater. 7007 Friars Rd., San Diego, CA 92108
- Westfield UTC: Located in the beautiful beach community of La Jolla is another open air shopping center known for its boutiques and clothing stores. At Westfield UTC, San Diego shoppers can find stores like the Apple Store, Nordstrom, Aldo, Victoria’s Secret and Coach. Restaurants and treats you can find at UTC include See’s Candies, Godiva Chocolatier, Boudin Sourdough Bakery and Cafe, Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Panda Express. 4545 La Jolla Village Dr., La Jolla, CA 92122
- Las Americas Premium Outlets: Bargain shoppers will have hours of fun shopping at Las Americas Premium Outlets in South Bay. This outdoor San Diego shopping center features more than 125 factory outlet stores including Coach, Banana Republic, BCBG Max Azria, Calvin Klein, Guess, J. Crew, Kenneth Cole, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren, Sony and more. Shoppers can find hundreds of name-brand goods at low prices, making Las Americas Premium Outlets one of the biggest San Diego outlet malls. 4211 Camino De La Plz., San Ysidro, CA 92173
- Viejas Outlet: Combining shopping and gambling, Viejas Outlet accomplishes that quite well while still catering to families and tourists. Whether you are into gambling or shopping or both, visitors can spend the day walking outdoors and scoping out the best deals at this San Diego outlet mall. During the summertime, visitors can enjoy outdoor concerts and kids can cool off in the giant interactive water fountain in the center of the food court after a long day of shopping in San Diego. 5005 Willows Rd., Alpine, CA 91901
- Carlsbad Premium Outlets: Located in North County, Carlsbad Premium Outlets is another prime spot for cheap shopping in San Diego. Featuring stores like Barneys New York, Crate and Barrel, Juicy Couture, Lacoste, Michael Kors, Salvatore Ferragamo and Tommy Hilfiger, visitors can find their favorite name-brand items at low factory prices while shopping in San Diego. 5620 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Everyone could use a little rest and relaxation every once in awhile and while you may have your own ways to unwind, here are some of the best San Diego spas.
- Spa Brezza: Located inside the Hilton San Diego Resort in Mission Bay, Spa Brezza combines a tranquil environment and soothing massage therapy treatments. This full service San Diego spa offers deluxe pedicures and manicures, rejuvenating facials and body scrubs. Those with children can treat them to a spa day as well. Spa Brezza offers a special kids menu with manicures, pedicures, massages and facials. Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, 1775 East Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109
- Spa L’Auberge: Take a day to pamper yourself at this San Diego spa found inside the L’Auberge in Del Mar. Visitors will leave this luxury spa feeling completely relaxed and rejuvenated. Offering seaside sojourns, body treatments, skincare and facial treatments, massages and salon services, Spa L’Auberge is a one-stop in ultimate relaxation. L'Auberge Del Mar, 1540 Camino Del Mar, Del Mar, CA 92014